Sunday, October 31, 2010

Twenty-four and a mere child

Halloween costume: birthday suit; water fall.

Today was the last day of Pathways. I have spent seven weeks devoting my thoughts to the intimate relationship with my creator. Like Amanda said this morning, “This is just the beginning.”  As I just wrote on a comment, “ I am God’s Child; He wants me to share his great new!”.

This has been the most exhilarating weekend.  Thursday, we had a pumpkin carving party at the Casa de Jennie/ Jtodd.  Then on Friday, Chrissy and Tommy came into town. We went on a two hour bike ride around the Southwood area. After this, I made a delicious vegetarian dinner of stuffed peppers, asparagus, and salad.  After we devoured this scrumptious meal we headed out to the circus. The FSU Flying high circus was the high light of the day for me. We watched talented students fly through the air, through bodies around, and do the impossible. We were memorized by the costumes and magic which made us feel like children again. Sleeping camping style in my living room made me long to go camping;  we went. Marjie, Chuck, Chrissy, Tommy, Matty, and I packed up our gear and headed out to Torreya State Park. While at the park we biked on trailed that are difficult to walk. I swam in the Apalachicola River and bathed in a small water fall.  We made hobo dinners  and s’mores,  played yahtzee, and star gazed. We laughed and smiled the entire time.  Then today, I had the opportunity to talk about Zachary’s story; I spread the good news. I took my friendship to a new level based on my relational rights with my community. We then went on a bike ride, drank margaritas, and ate peanut butter cup cheese cake! After my nap, I check facebook and over 100 people have wished me a happy birthday!!

What does all of this mean?  God is showing me that I am not alone; I have a community of family and friends that love me and support me. I am growing in my faith and allowing God to direct my foot prints in the process of taking my intimate friendships to a deeper level.  I am exploring, searching, questioning, my own journey. I am praying that one day God will put a man in my life that will love all of these things about me and be willing to walk this path with me. 

I am not sure where this year will take me, and I have no idea who I am going to meet. I do know that I am going to keep loving like crazy, and keep getting back to the basics.  Life is happening, and I am blessed.

Element 3 Church: http://violet.nowsprouting.com/element3church/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to some delicious camping food. I'll have to copy down some recipes and add them to my camping essentials.

    ReplyDelete