Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Light House

I know that I have not written in a long time. I have no honest excuses. Life has been happening!! Today has been a great day. This morning I had a great work out, then had a meeting with Dr. Meehan to discuss the possibility of applying for an English Teaching Full Bright fellowship for the 2012-2013 school year. I applied for graduation at the end of this spring semester, and I started studying for my comprehensive exams. Like I said, life is happening before my eyes. This morning I also started a morning devotional that will help me focus my attention on God and how His love and guidance will lead me to the next step in my life. On Sunday, Pastor Mark talked about how to live and ordinary life. He was being sneaky and trying to get us all to get excited about the new year and really want to live an extraordinary life. A life that is based on faith. A life that is unknown but exciting and always an adventure.

I wrote this prayer/ affirmation down:
"Dear Lord, I know that I am qualified. I have the authority. I have the credibility. I am good enough. I have confidence. Lord, please, send me!" What does this prayer actually mean? "I am walking blindly by faith. I have lost all sense of direction, but I trust that God will lead me, and take me where he needs me to go. When I was younger, I would pray for God to make me his servant, to use me to better serve society and His people".

Chuck and Marji created this beautiful allusion for me. The image of a light house shining its light for all to see. This image is symbolic of staying vertical and walking hand in hand with God. If I were to crumble and give in to the temptations of this life, then I would no longer be able to shine on. I am not good at being patient; however, I must lean on God and allow him to work in my life. The reward will be that much grater!

The picture is a beautiful photo of the St. Mark's light house. Chuck, Marji and I love to get up early on Sunday mornings and complete a 16 mile ride to the light house. This quiet time in the morning is our opportunity to reflect and really feel the presence of God through the use of Mother Nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment